Masks...... pros and cons

 Today was the first full day of mandatory mask wearing..... I have compiled a list of pros and cons... happy to report, more pros then cons.... I know! I was a bit surprised myself.  

1) Anyone that finds their nose drips incessantly in buildings with forced air, or air conditioning etc..... masks are like a tiny little diaper for your nose. My nose drips constantly at work, my mask kind of absorbed it... note to self....wash mask each and every night.

2) With a mask, I have a few less wrinkle areas to concentrate on! Bonus right!! All that’s visible is my eye area!! So, really, those wrinkles and crows feet are the ones I will now focus and concentrate on, the rest, well, they will get minimal attention now. It’s like the stress of wrinkles have been lifted off my shoulders!

3) No one can tell what my face may be saying!! My face is very expressive, so I really sometimes have to be careful. Cause, lets face it....sometimes my expressions tell the whole tale on what I’m actually thinking. With my mask, , all you can see are my eyes..... so, are they twinkling cause I’m happy, are they twinkling cause I’m calling you an asshole under my mask and you cant see, are they twinkling cause my nose is dripping and I don’t have to worry about it? No one but me will ever know.... how freaking fabulous is this!!! 

4) Someone told me today I have pretty eyes.... or maybe it was demon eyes, I couldn't really tell, it was kind of muffled or mumbly.... maybe that should be a con.... cant really make out what people are saying, a little hard to understand..... nope, sticking with pretty eyes, and its a pro, after all its a long weekend and Thanksgiving.... I’m taking what I can get.

5) Appreciation for fresh air.... on my smoke break ( hahahaaa, yes, I realize the huge contradiction of this, pppffftttt, I’m working on it) anyway, taking my mask off outside, and being able to feel the air on my face was wonderful, so just the appreciation of the small things, I think is a huge pro to mandatory mask wearing.   

6) Patchouli oil!!! As much as I want, whenever I want.... a drop on my mask, and I can enjoy the scent all day, without possible bothering anyone else with it... I could smell that stuff all day!! How awesome is that!!

7) No one can see that I may or may not of broke a front tooth, and purchased a replacement on Amazon for 14.00 a week ago.... now, don't get me wrong, that was the best 14.00 I spent, looks very natural and very comfortable, but now, if I don't want to put it in.... don't have to!! Who’s gonna know!! I freakin love this!!!

Now, the cons.... 

1) Change..... I’m not a fan of change.... but. Like all the other changes, I’ll adjust, and move on. 

2) STOP WEARING LIP GLOSS!! It sticks to the mask, unlike the snot, the lip gloss is a little sticky and uncomfortable... 

Let me just say.... God Bless those of you who wear masks everyday of life for 12 hour shifts, this is a time in our lives, I honestly never thought I would ever see. Those of you who wear these things day in day out.... you are like Super Hero’s!! Instead of a cape.... you have a mask.... Bless you all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Firsts